A weekend long Mercedes-Benz Hackathon that brings innovative and creative minds together to develop new concepts that will intersect IoT and Wearables with automotive technologies.
Developers, Designers, IoT/Wearable Makers and Idea Generators:
Mercedes-Benz is looking for you to take the challenge in developing the next big thing in the digital life of a driver. You will be given the unique opportunity to work with Mercedes-Benz engineers to realize your idea in the car. Sign up now and develop a new concept over the course of a weekend filled with exciting and intense sessions of co-creation, hacking and collaboration that will bring IoT to a new level in the digital driving experience.
TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Following the hackathon, three finalists will be selected to polish their prototypes as part of the Mercedes-Benz Refinement Program -- Teams will continue their work with mentors to help complete their projects, and then demo the prototypes in front of Daimler Executives at a special meeting in July, truly a once in a lifetime opportunity!
1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be announced, and the prizes awarded, following the completion of the Refinement Program and the prototype demo in July!
- You must create an innovative concept to implement one of the winning ideas identified during the idea presentation and voting session of the Event.
- Allowed Technologies:
- You may use Mercedes-Benz generally available technology, provided it is publicly available and easily accessible to the Mercedes-Benz developer community at the time of the Event.
- Other Allowed Technologies: You are also able to use sample code, libraries, SDKs, and APIs as long as these technologies are:
- Publicly available and discoverable - for the purpose of Other Allowed Technologies, this shall mean available on the internet ; indexed and reachable through the top three search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo);
- Easily accessible (i.e., anyone can download or access if signup is required, access must be granted within 3 hours); and
- Permitting use for the development in a concept such as the one being submitted in this Event and you include all necessary attribution or information required by the developer of such third-party technology when submitting the concept. Please note: If you use any third party copyrighted materials, you must have appropriate permission.
- With the exception of the Mercedes-Benz technologies and Other Allowed Technologies, all code included in your Entry must be created by you and your registered team during the course of the Event. All materials related to the Entry must be in English.
- Your Entry must be within the general spirit of the Event and meet the following requirements:
- Must not violate or infringe the rights of others including, without limitation, patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, publicity, privacy or other proprietary rights, and the Entry is your original work and you have secured all rights necessary from third parties to submit the Entry (see “Warranty” Section below for more details);
- Must not contain any malware or be otherwise harmful to our computer system or the computer systems of others;
- Must not impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Must not be unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortuous, or contain explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of, sexual acts, or otherwise contain any other content that is objectionable;
- Must not victimize, harass, degrade, or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- Must be within the general spirit and guidance of the Event, including meeting the terms of these Rules and the Entry Requirements;
You must create an innovative concept to implement one of the winning ideas identified during the idea presentation and voting session of the Event.
Use of Mercedes-Benz Technology